This cake is a match made in heaven! Chocolate biscuit dough baked with a soft layer of cheese cake goodness! It is rich, decandent and absolutely delicious!
What you need
For the dough:
375g gluten free flour
40g cocoa powder
3 tsp baking powder
200g soft butter or magarine
For the filling:
500g cream cheese
40g custard powder
250g molten but cooled butter or margarine
How to make the dough:
1) Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a bowl. Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix to a dough of the consistency of cookie dough.
If the dough is a little sticky, rest it in the fridge for 30+ minutes.
2) Roll out half the dough for a cake tin of 26-28 cm diameter. Line the tin with baking paper. put the rolled out dough into the tin.
3) Mix all the ingredients for the filling together in a seperate bowl. Add to the cake tin on top of the dough.
4) Now pull the rest of the dough into small pieces and put over the cheese cake mix to give it a 'pulled' look.
5) Bake at 170 degrees (fan forced) for 70-80 minutes until the custard/cheese mix has set. Let it cool completely before cutting. Serves 12-16 people.