Gluten Free Blitz Bread Recipe
Wet Ingredients: Dry Ingredients:
2 cups boiling water 5 ½ cups gluten free flour (any combination)
1 tbsp honey 3 tsp salt
2 cups cold water 1 tsp baking powder
2 cups mixed seeds 3 tbsp psyllium husks
¼ cup chia seeds
¼ cup olive oil
1 tbsp dried yeast
- Dissolve honey in the boiling water in a bowl big enough to hold all wet ingredients
- Add cold water, seeds, olive oil and yeast. Let it stand for 10 minutes. Preheat your oven to 50 degrees.
- In the meantime, combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl to hold the complete mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Divide dough into two lined loaf tins (10x20cm), put tins into the warm oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Then turn oven to 210 degrees and bake the loaves a further 45 minutes or until they sound hollow when tapped.
- Let the bread cool and if wanted, slice it and freeze in portions. This bread lasts about a week and toasts well.